If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

KEEPSAKE MEMORIES


FRAME THOSE MEMORY KEEPSAKES!

We all have keepsakes passed down through the family.

The shame is that keepsakes ARE keepsakes AND only 1 individual can be in possession of a keepsake.

BUT IF YOU COULD PHOTOGRAPH A KEEPSAKE THEN YOU COULD AT LEAST PASS THAT MEMORY ON TO OTHERS.

The above image is very important to me.

The above dog's name is Pedro. He was a fun thing my father "won" at a carnival when he was on a date with my mother. My mother never got rid of it - it was something precious to her even after my parents were married.

The piece of paper in the image was a letter my aunt found after my mother died. In the letter mother mentions that as a toddler I had been walking, but I had briefly quit after I had come down sick.

I decided to photograph these items together and I used the smudged tool to wipe out any mentioning of my name to a copy of the image later on.

Through the result of this photograph, Pedro is not now confined to my house. He can now "dwell" in the house of other family members. And if he should break beyond repair or if the letter gets lost, the image will still be there.


Challenge for Today:

Create an image of a keepsake and pass that image to others in your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment