If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Friday, April 10, 2009

PLAYING WITH WORDS AND FLOWERS



DO YOU YOU SEE THE PLAY ON WORDS IN THIS IMAGE?

I had an idea of a photo I wanted, but I had to wait.

I had an old fashioned lilac bush which took 7 years to bloom. (Perhaps that is why it is called old fashioned.) Anyway, my mother died before the lilac ever bloomed.

I also have some old books.

I liked the idea of photographing the book "Under the Lilacs" by Louisa May Alcott while the book WAS under some lilacs.

And that is what I did here along with a couple of other books to give it some balance.

I used yellow material because yellow goes well with lavender.

I also placed a textured layer of my own making over the image to give it more of a "painting" look.
So, I now have the "Under the Lilacs" book REALLY under some lilacs!


Challenge for today:

Play around with books and flowers.







2 comments:

  1. Wow, seven years to flower! Beautiful blossoms though, worth the wait. I'll stop by again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This composition is wonderful!!!!!! Lilacs are my favorite flower and you've captured it beautifully.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete