If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Don't Have More Than 1 Competitor

THIS ISN'T EVEN A GOOD PHOTO! SO WHY AM I BOTHERING EVEN USING IT?

Cause I'm trying to drive home a point:

Don't let an item in an image compete with other items in the same image.

As in this photo the plain looking little vase does NOT detract from the overall image.

The eye is drawn to the material (which happened to be an old fashion dress of my mother).

As the vase is clear and very plain, it blends IN with the material and that is the objective of the vase - just blending in.

Again, I want to stress - the vase isn't in any type of competition with the rest of this image which happens to be mostly just of a dress.

And yes....during this same photo session, I tried placing some apple blossoms - white with a touch of pink - into the vase.

And you know......the image just wasn't right.

The flowers competed with the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment