If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Antique Doll



THERE SHE WAS UP IN THE WINDOW!

When you go to a friend's house sometimes you don't want to make a big deal out of wanting to photograph something. And this was an instance here.

I had gone over to my "adopted mother's house." (My own mother died when I was 21.) There was this very interesting doll up above my head sitting on a shelf in front of the window and there was this potted plant, etc.

I just couldn't resist taking several photos and I didn't disturb anything.

Later I added a background to give the image a lot of "character" and to put some color into what was just a clear window pane.

My adopted mother loves this image and often reminds me that this was a doll SHE played with when she was little.


Challenge for the day:

Mother's Day is right around the corner. Perhaps you can photograph something that has some memory for that dear person in your life.

1 comment: