If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bradford Pear Blossoms in Blue Vase



WHEN WHAT YOU WANTED DOES NOT SUCCEED

The above image is what I finally settled on.

I first off photographed the white blossoms in the blue vase and thought a yellow background would look good. However the yellow scarf background was not big enough so I had a "draped" yellow scarf and a yellow dress was in the foreground.

When I got the image into the computer the shading and draping of the scarf just didn't look quite what I wanted.

So, I started off smudging all of the yellow in the image. Then I chose a background I had worked on previously and placed that background on the image as a layer. Then I ended up going for a "wild" look. I left enough of the draping of the yellow scarf because when I completely hid the draping of the scarf it looked like the vase was sitting in mid air.

I like this picture because it REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE A PAINTING. But it wasn't my original idea!


Challenge for the day:

See how the draping of material can alter the look of an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment