If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

STRESS SIMPLE VASES



BUT THE VASE IS SO SIMPLE!

Yes, the vase is simple, but that is what is needed.

Do you want to see mostly the flowers or do you want to see mostly the vase?

Something has GOT to be the main feature in the photo!

The vase complements the flowers but the vase doesn't compete with the flowers.

I photographed this image against a plain light colored wall.

After I shot the digital image, I then manipulated it in the computer.

I used my favorite smudge tool and then I placed textured layer which I designed onto the image.

Then I adjusted the opacity of the pasted in layer.

Challenge for the day:

Take a look at your vases. What vases could be candidates of later being used in an image?

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your blog and the photos! So happy to find you! Can't wait to explore more during the weekend!

    ReplyDelete