If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Wild Side of Tulips



WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN FLOWERS DON'T COOPERATE?

Well, there's not much you can do except go with the flow!

These flowers weren't from my garden - they were from Wal-Mart and I bought a bunch because that is how they were sold.

When I got home and put them in a vase, they flopped all over the place. It was quite plain it wasn't going to be a dignified photo shoot of stately tulips in a vase.

Anyway I shot these tulips against a really white background.

Then when I started to work with the image in Paint Shop Pro, I selected a rather wild background image I had previously created.

I then worked with the "arithmetic" portion of Paint Shop Pro and finally got the tulips to be what I call "toned down wild."

I'm not sure, but I rather think that tulips are not the easiest flower to photograph in a floral still life.

Oh, well.....


Challenge for today:

See if you can have any luck with tulips!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment