If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Monday, March 23, 2009

EVERYONE LOVES ROSES - BUT WHAT ABOUT THE COMMON FLOWER


EVERYONE loves to photograph roses! They're SO romantic!

But don't forget the common "unromantic" daylily beause:

1. You can purchase 2 or 3 plants for under $10

2. They spread easily if you grow them

3. The plants need very little care

4. Blossoms are large

5. The plants can create quite a focal point in your yard

6. They have no thorns!


Note about the image:

I wanted to take a common flower and make it "uncommon" by playing with colors.

So, I took a skirt I bought at a thrift store. (Remember the posting a few days ago about the green dress?)

The orange flowers and the skirt's colors complemented each other.

And an uncommon skirt and uncommon daylilies became something of worth.


Challenge for today: Make what is common into something of worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment