If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flower Photography

















THE FIRST THING IN STARTING OUT IN PHOTOGRAPHY STARTS OUT WITH ONE QUESTION. What do I want to photograph?

The answer to that question leads you in determining what equipment to
purchase, what to zero in on learning, what to practice, etc.

I love flowers. That has led me into photography competition, some awards and a constant trying to do more and more in photography.

The nice thing about digital cameras is that you can "practice" a lot without spending a lot. And you don't have to wait till the photos are processed. You can take the photos and put the images in your computer right away without leaving your home/studio.

STORY BEHIND THIS PHOTO:

I had a friend that wanted some flowers photographed. I went to her house, but it was too windy to photograph outside. She had some flowers inside. Her daughter watched me as I gathered up 1 flower and placed it against the black counter top stove.

Much later I did a special effects with this image and it received the highest score in a local photography competition.

TODAY'S PROJECT - Zero in on what you want to photograph.

TOMORROW - I'll post the competition version of this photo and explain briefly how it was done.








No comments:

Post a Comment