If you wish to order one of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Friday, March 27, 2009

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! SURPRISE!


THERE IS SOMETHING MAGICAL ABOUT SEEING SOMETHING TODAY THAT WASN'T THERE YESTERDAY!

And yet, that is the wonder of surprise lilies.

This photo is made of one image but utilizes parts of another photo.

I placed the lily on a large plate which has a few designs.

I then took a few poses of this lily and plate.

Then in my computer I did the following:

1. Used the smudge tool to smudge the flower and the plate.

2. I then went to another photo I had previously taken of some decorative old wood.

3. I copied only some of the scrolled portion of the wood.

4. I made what I had copied as a new image.

5. I resized the "new image."

6. I copied and pasted the "new image" as a new layer to the smudged flower and plate photo.

7. I then adjusted the opacity of the wood scroll layer so that it was faint, but yet not too faint.

8. I went back to the "new image" and after rotating it and copying it I repeated steps 6 and 7.

9. When I was satisfied with the results, I merged all the layers and presto I saved the resulting "new surprised lily."


Challenge for today:

See if you can photograph some decorative wood scrolls you can add later to another photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment